Monday, January 11, 2010

Our afternoon project


Carter was blessed with this big beautiful easel for Christmas. Only problem was....it came unassembled and in a huge box. Luckily, I have a degree from IKEA in furniture building so Carter and I busted it out in a quick afternoon.

Carter showing me how we magically get the bolts out

"Carter? Why are there dog biscuits in your room?"

(We were just pulling out all the directions and parts, etc. and I turn around and see THIS! My kid is so interesting sometimes)

"Mom, I think these sticks go like this!"

"No, Carter...that makes a teepee"

Yay!!! The other side has a chalk board and little cups to put paint in. For those curious, I think my brother bought this is Costco. We LOVE it! So far, Carter loves taking the paint cups out of their holes and scattering them around the house. He also loves taking the bins out and making a hazardous walkway for his parents :) I haven't shown him that you can draw on it yet because the other day during coloring time, he ate a blue crayon and drew all over his cozy coupe. :( Not the end of the world but not so awesome either.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, he is so stinkin' cute! But I think he was right....the sticks do look like they go like that! You truly are a pro at assembling IKEA-ware...I can't figure it out for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete