The dreary months of winter are upon us here in the PNW and I am feeling it 100%. My mom and I were chatting today about just feeling "low" lately. Friends and family don't feel as close, there's always somebody who wants more money from ya, and no matter what we do or where we are we never quite feel "home". So, it being Thanksgiving week, I decided to stop pouting and write down what exactly I'm thankful for, and remember just how much I have. Here goes:
1. I'm thankful for my husband. As much as it bugs me at times, he really is just trying to make me laugh and lighten up life. He works harder than anyone I know, though I know he really just wants to stay snuggled in bed then play video games. He's honestly a better Dad than any man I've met. He continues to amaze me with his adorable stories and ways he makes Carter giggle. We do things differently sometimes, and it's the perfect mix....and I'm sorry that I'm not nicer on Sunday mornings when we're running late :)
2. I'm thankful I have a son. I kept thinking I was going to have a girl but now I can't think of it any other way. I'm still bummed when I think about the way it all came about, but that's ok. Though it's not the way I "planned" it truly is better than I could have imagined, God's way. Carter, you are a brilliant little guy who fills my life with so much love. I'm thankful you have learned love from me(or us I should say). Though timid with strangers, your heart quickly tells you who is "ok" and who isn't. You give me about 100 kisses a day and recently started hugging tight. It's adorable when you grunt to show you're really hugging tightly :) It means so much to me to know you're trying to make me feel good, even though I know you'd rather play baseball, chase your puppies and drink milk. You're a great son, and forever will be my baby boy(no matter how many feet taller than me you will be soon). I have so much fun playing with you each day, and miss you terribly when I'm away.
3. I'm thankful for my family being close. We all have our differences but I love them so much and am glad Carter gets to grow up with family close by. They all love Carter more than I can explain and I can't tell you how great that makes me feel. (though sometimes I'd like people to be happy to see ME when we walk in, rather than JUST Carter LOL)
4. I'm thankful for a home that I love. It surprised me but I really do love that place.
5. I'm thankful that the scale says I have lost 10 pounds in the last 12 days or so! woohooo
I'll continue more later. Carter's naps only last so long :) Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
Christmas Photos *attempt*
11 years ago

Sis I love you. Never forget that. I'll even let you keep your money :P
ReplyDeleteawww thanks sis. I love you too! And thank you for letting me keep my money. :) What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?
ReplyDelete