Monday, December 28, 2009

love

Tonight Carter is having respiratory problems. This happens with his condition from time to time. Plus, it's cold season which REALLY helps(not really). He hacked so hard he threw up this evening as we were getting his nebulizer ready. We hurried to clean him and the floor up, he cried cuz he thought he did something wrong. These moments are hard. He's starting to understand so much, but doesn't know why he's sick or how to deal with it. I'm sure I'll be up throughout the night tonight. I only wish I could make Carter well. Instead I am forced to settle with a little less sleep, a little more worry, and another reminder that I was blessed to be a mom. Some moments are hard, but even in those moments all you feel....is love.

2 comments:

  1. That poor kid! What is it that's going on? Is it a form a Asma? Is he going to have to deal with it all his life or is it just a little kid thing. I admire you so much. I worry about my kid all the time, but he's never sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't admire me. I just try to deal with it and complain through the whole process. :) He has a small airway so at times he is totally fine, but when he's sick(or actually after he's sick) is the worst. About 2 weeks or more after he has a cold his body starts finally getting rid of all the "gunk". It's hard for him to do this because of the small airway. We are hoping he grows out of it in a couple years. He could have it until he's an adult. Until then, he has nebulizer treatments during flare-ups to help him breathe and keep his oxygen saturation levels up. In the end, yes it's similar to asthma. He struggles with sudden temperature changes and when we go to Utah it's usually pretty hard on him. Guess we'll stay away! haha :)

    ReplyDelete