Yesterday was the day I had to go do my 3 hour glucose tolerance test. My screening last week came back high so the next step is the 3 hr test where you fast for 12 hrs and then go through hell. Have I already mentioned like 500 times that mornings suck for me? I had to be ready and out the door before 8am to drop Carter at my parents' house and be over to Burlington by 8:30am. All while being starving because I've been fasting for 12 hrs. I didn't take my acid reflux pill either because I worried it would mess up my results. This would soon bite me in the bum....
I showed up just before 8:30 to the little office with the worst chairs EVER. It was the first day they were under a new company name, meaning the first day of their new computer system. GO ME! Normally I would have been priority since I had to be there for over 3 hrs. Instead I waited almost an hour before they even got started with my urine test and blood draw. All went well and I then drank the glucola with no problems. My time was 9:16. I would get my blood drawn at 10:16, 11:16, and 12:16....and then I would leave this horrid office and stuff my face! YUM!
..........10:10am Glucola leaves my body. Test is over. Try again another day. :( OH WAIT...that wasn't all. 15 minutes later they get the word from my doctor's nurse to go ahead and take some blood to see where I was at. My vein decided not to work and my body decided it'd rather pass out. Ladies help me to the bathroom and a few minutes later they take a sample from the other arm. UGH. Tomorrow I see my doctor and see what the next step is. I really really REALLY don't want to try the test again. Like REALLY don't want to. Wish me luck convincing my doctor.
Christmas Photos *attempt*
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment