Wednesday, September 15, 2010

bok bok and dep

So, because Joy is apparently "really nervous for me" and I have yet to learn what that means exactly, I will give an update on EVERYTHING Larson:

Marathon-
Luke finished his first marathon, in the Skagit Valley Flats, in under 5 hours(his estimated time). He had everything going against him which may have helped shape his opinion of marathons, that is, "I'm glad I did it but I'm NEVER doing it again". My mom came to show her support and cheer him on as he finished the last short bit on the track. He didn't want to take pictures, shower or even stretch. "Let's just go home!" he pleaded. Poor guy just grabbed some snacks and we headed home.

I'm SO proud of him! We have already started looking at shorter races(10k's and half marathons) and even found one that I'll be able to walk a couple miles with the boys while he runs the 10k in November. Should be fun! I can't wait to get back into my training.

Baby D-
He's huge! Like 3 weeks further along huge. We don't know yet why, but I'm sure all is just fine. I have been expecting him early so this just makes me feel better that he's atleast bigger, not small! Who are we kidding, he's a Larson. But Carter wasn't a big baby so I recently did my gestation diabetes screening(my doctor forgot last month when you normally do it) but haven't heard any negative results so I assume that's just fine. I'll have an ultrasound in the next week or two to double check amniotic fluid and take a look at his development. I'm not worried, just tired :)
I also had my heart monitor, I can't remember if I ever blogged about it??? I'd post a picture but the electrodes were all over my chest so it'd basically be a picture of my boobs...not so awesome for most of you I imagine :) BUT, the results of that were good. Well, good as in no irregular heartbeat or anything, but my pulse was elevated over 100 bpm a lot of the time(not so good). SO, I'm supposed to continue salting my food, drinking fluids, having caffeine, and making sure I'm not skipping any meals...which sometimes means packing a lunch to bed to eat at 4 in the morning :) Life could be worse, right? Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I tell them what my doctor is asking me to do, but let me say this...IT'S WORKING! Mornings are rough, real rough usually! But once I get food and caffeine in me(and especially if I've actually slept decently) I feel great by noon or 1 in the afternoon and life is good....just get pregnant-tired and stuff that's normal. I now look like this :)



Carter Jones-

He's amazing. He's FINALLY eating meals more. He loves sitting in his highchair again. He loves it even more(and will sit there for 2 hrs) if he has a clear view of a good cartoon! :) He loves dipping food, even if it's in yogurt. My parents let him have chicken nuggest(like McDonald's with their sauces....I know I know) so now he LOVES "bok bok and diiiiiiip" no wait, his dip sounds more like "dep" but drawn out some. So we buy the organic frozen kid chicken nuggets with whole grain breading and stuff and let him dip in better options. He also loves spaghetti, plain hotdog buns, egg drop soup from Lucky Chopstix, cheeseburgers, chips and salsa, sausage, toast with cinnamon and sugar, waffles, PRETZELS, yogurt and milk....lots and lots and LOTS of milk. Carter's doctor(and good friend from our ward) Jason suggested the Carnation Instant breakfast powder for added vitamins and nutrients for those times when he just wants to drink milk and play all day....WHAT A LIFE SAVER!!!! I'm no longer worried.

He's also hilarious and smart and repeating everything back to us. Today I told him he needed to help mommy pick up his room 'cuz it was a disaster zone. He, with his batman mask on, said "NO, YOU! I'm Batman...." oh brother......

1 comment:

  1. I love that last picture!!! Thankyou for the update. I'm just nervous for you because having a baby is hard, and since you are not having little Taiwanese babies, but large Larson babies, I imagine it's REALLY hard, so I need an address because I've got cheesy Taiwanese clothes for your baby. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete